The Hess Difference
Hess Home Builders is a family Owned business that has been a leader in home building for the Lancaster, Lebanon and York County areas since 1964. We pride ourselves in innovation, continuing education and an attitude of always learning. Our attention to detail and a genuine desire to deliver the perfect home for you and your family is what drives us. Below are a few of the reasons why our structures deserve to be called your home.
Your initial meeting will review the process of building and will include the pros and the cons of the process vs the purchase of an existing home. This initial meeting will also address your needs as well as your “wants” and how those may fit in to your new home.
We have recently converted our process to Co-construct software. Co-construct is an interactive portal that allows us to communicate with our customers daily regarding selections, options, specifications, updates, schedules and much more. Communication through Co-construct can be done through specific specification categories which helps keep the process more streamlined and organized.
Dedicated project managers
We have experienced project managers to take you through the entire building process. If you have any questions or concerns throughout the building of your home you will know exactly who to contact to address them.
7 Stages of Quality control/status meetings on site
We will walk through with you at all of the following stages of construction and make a formal list of areas of concern as well as offer a hands on education to make sure that you understand every aspect of you new home. The stages of status meetings are as follow:
- Pre construction/stake out approval. Location of utility connections.
- Framing complete, kitchen layout drawn in the field. Windows and doors installed. Mechanical layout reviewed and approved.
- Mechanical installations approved, sidewalk and driveway locations approved.
- Review and approve drywall and trim
- Review and approve cabinet installation, identify all accessory locations
- Create punch list prior to final walk through
- Final walk through/Orientation
The term standard features is commonly used and causes much confusion in the industry. While customization and specific upgrades will vary by client you can be assured that the “bones” of your structure will always exceed industry standards and code. Just a few of these items include:
- Poured on site solid concrete basement walls
- Sub-flooring in excess of industry standards
- Roof trusses manufactured in our own plant
- Super seal package on every structure to ensure maximum efficiency
- Maintenance free exteriors
We’ve been crafting quality homes in Central PA since 1964. We have proven that we can stand the test of time in a volatile industry because of our family oriented focus and our willingness to stand behind our work. Contact us today to learn more about our homes, meet our team and discuss making your next home a Hess Home.